Terms of Services
These terms and conditions (collectively the "Terms") govern your access to and use of localbuddy.co's website, mobile applications, including, without limitation, The LOCALBUDDY apps and any website or communication device that references or contains localbuddy.co content and/or links to or references these Terms ("Site"). By accessing or using the Site, you are agreeing to these Terms, and accepting a legally-binding agreement with LOCALBUDDY pc, which is Athens Based headquartered in Athens.Do not access or use the Site if you do not agree to be bound by the Terms as outlined below.
- Parties to Terms of Services
"You" and "your" refer to you as a user of the Site. A "user" is someone who accesses, browses, or in any way uses the Site. "We," "us," and "our" refer to “LOCALBUDDY ”.
"Content" means text, images, photos, audio, video, location data, and all other forms of data or communication. "User Content" means Content that you and other users submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with, the Site, such as rankings, reviews, compliments, invitations, friend/follower connections, messages, and information publicly displayed or displayed in Site account profiles, or anywhere on the Site. "LOCALBUDDY Content" means Content that we create and make available in connection with the Site. "Third Party Content" means Content that originates from parties other than LOCALBUDDY , or its users, which Content is made available in connection with the Site. "Site Content" means all of the Content which is made available through the Site, including, without limitation, User Content, Third Party Content, and LOCALBUDDY Content.
services that connect LOCALBUDDY to any third party. Such Services shall include, without limitation, a user's ability to purchase tours and activities through LOCALBUDDY apps, discover and book transportation services through LOCALBUDDY apps, access and use content from LOCALBUDDY blog partners and other content partners.
- Changes to the Terms of Service:
We may modify the Terms from time to time. The most current version of these Terms will be located. You acknowledge and accept that your access to, or use of, the
Site is governed by the Terms effective at the time of your access to, or use of, the Site.
If we make any material changes to these Terms, we will notify you by email or by posting a notice on the Site prior to the effective date of such changes. We will also indicate at the top of this page the most current date of the Terms/revisions. You should also review the Terms on a regular basis, since any and all revised versions of the Terms will be binding on you whenever you use the Site. Any such revisions to the Terms will be effective upon our posting of such revised Terms.
You acknowledge and accept that your continued access to, or use of, the Site after the effective date of such revisions to the Terms is deemed to be your acceptance of the Terms as revised.
We may translate these Terms into other languages. Nevertheless, the English version of these Terms shall govern your use of LOCALBUDDY , and if there any inconsistencies between
the English version and any other version, then the English version shall be deemed to govern.
- Using the Site:
To access or use the Site, you must be thirteen (13) years or older and have the requisite right, power and authority to enter into these Terms.
- Permission to Use the Site
We grant you permission to use the Site subject to the restrictions in these Terms. You use the Site at your own risk, which includes, without limitation, accepting the risk that you may see Content that to you is offensive, inaccurate, or otherwise inappropriate.
The Site may be modified (which includes, without limitation, updating), suspended for any reason, or discontinued for any reason at any time, without notice or liability.
You must create an account and provide certain information about yourself in order to use some of the features that are offered on the Site. You are responsible
for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password. You are also responsible for all actions that occur in connection with your account, You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. We reserve the right to close your account at any time for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
You acknowledged that your account is for your personal, non-commercial use only, and, in that regard, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information about yourself to support your credibility as a contributor to the Site. You may not (i) impersonate someone else (e.g., adopt the identity of any third party, including, without limitation, a well-known individual), (ii) create or use an account for any third party, (iii) give us an email address other than your own, or (iv) create multiple accounts. If you violate any of these rules, we reserve the right to close your account immediately.
Notwithstanding that you may use a pseudonym, others may still be able to identify you, if, for example, you (i) include information in your reviews that identifies you, (ii) use your LOCALBUDDY account information on other web sites, or (iii) allow other web sites to share information about you with LOCALBUDDY . Please
- Communications from Localco and other Users
By creating an account, you agree to receive certain communications in connection with the Site. As an example, you might receive compliments or friend requests from other Site Users. You will also receive our weekly e-mail newsletter about happenings in your neighborhood and in other cities around the world. You can always request to be deleted from non-essential communications by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
(1) LOCALBUDDY General Users and Hotel Users.,
(1) Best Price Guarantee;
LOCALBUDDY ’s intent is always to offer its customers, through its website and mobile apps, the best available price in the marketplace, with no hidden fees or taxes. While "activity providers" generally maintain accurate prices on their LOCALBUDDY pages, if a particular activity provider fails to update our listed prices for that activity, LOCALBUDDY will honor the best price by virtue of its Best Price Guarantee badge as follows: if a user finds the same activity provider's activity for (i) the same date, (ii) the same time, (iii) the same group size, and (iv) available to the general public within forty-eight (48) hours after the user's submission, at a lower price, and contacts our Customer Services team
at_____________________ with verifiable information, LOCALBUDDY will refund the
difference. LOCALBUDDY reserves the right to verify the lower price. All refund
and credit decision are at the sole discretion of LOCALBUDDY . (2) Tickets, Fees, and Payment
- Users may purchase vouchers for services offered by local merchants ("Merchants) at the activity destination ("Vouchers") from LOCALBUDDY , through its Services.
- The User will receive an email confirmation of purchase that will contain a Voucher confirmation number ("Confirmation Number") and a printable version of the Voucher.
- In order to use the Voucher, the User must appear in person at the applicable Merchant, and present either the Confirmation Number or the printed Voucher.
(D)A Merchant may require photo identification in order to use the Voucher.
- Neither LOCALBUDDY , nor Merchant, is responsible for lost or stolen Voucher or Confirmation Numbers. Vouchers are void where prohibited by law. If a User attempts to use a Voucher in an unlawful manner (e.g. an attempt to use a Voucher for wine tasting when under the legal age to do so), Merchant may refuse to accept the Voucher, and no refunds will be
- A User may cancel a purchased Voucher by contacting LOCALBUDDY customer service within one (1) hour of purchase. A voucher cancelled within one (1) hour of purchase will be refunded in full to the credit card used to purchase such Voucher.
(G)A Merchant, not LOCALBUDDY , is the seller of the services that are performed
pursuant to the activities to which Vouchers correspond, and is solely
responsible for accepting any Voucher purchased on LOCALBUDDY and providing all such services relating thereto.
(H)Users should consult with a Merchant if dissatisfied with the service received in connection with a Voucher.
- Except as expressly set forth herein, all fees paid for Vouchers are non Prices quotes for Vouchers are in Euros and are subject to change at any time prior to purchase.
- If an activity for which a Voucher has been have purchased is cancelled by Merchant, LOCALBUDDY will notify you prior to the first date on which the applicable Voucher could have been used, and will process a full refund to the credit card used to purchase such Voucher.
(due to the fault of Merchant or otherwise), please contact LOCALBUDDY at email@example.com and LOCALBUDDY Customer Service department will try to remedy the situation.
Although LOCALBUDDY ’s basic Services, including, but not limited to, activity and tour chat, are currently free to users, LOCALBUDDY reserves the right to require
payment of fees for certain or all such Services. A User shall.pay all applicable fees, as described on the Website in connection with such Services selected by such User. LOCALBUDDY reserves the right to change its price list and to institute new charges at a
any time, upon notice to the Users, which may be sent by email or posted on the Website. A User's use of the Services following such notification constitutes such User's acceptance of any new or increased charges.
(a) Responsibility for Your Content
You are solely responsible for your content, which shall include, without limitation, all content contained in any blog which is either created and/or used by you either (i) on the Site or (ii) linked by you to the Site.. You assume all risks associated with your content, including, without limitation, any third party's reliance on its quality, accuracy, or reliability, as well as your disclosure of your content that personally identifies you. You represent and warrant that you own, or have the necessary permissions from any third party having rights, to use and authorize the use of your content. You may not state directly or indirectly (e.g., imply) that your content is in sponsored or endorsed by LOCALBUDDY in any way whatsoever, however you may insert LOCALBUDDY 's "website widget "("LOCALBUDDY Widget") onto your blog or website for a direct link to localbuddy.co, and by so doing, you agree that localbuddy.co material may appear in your blog or on your website as delineated below in Section (d). We reserve the right to delete any of your content that violates this Section.
You shall be solely liable, and shall hold us harmless and free from any liability whatsoever in connection with (i) your use of the LOCALBUDDY Widget/LOCALBUDDY materials in contravention to these terms and conditions and/or (ii) your content that (i) contains material that is false, intentionally misleading, or defamatory, (ii) violates any third-party rights, including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right of any entity or individual, (iii) contains material that is unlawful, including, without limitation, hate speech or
pornography, (iv) exploits or otherwise harms minors, or (v) violates or advocates the violation of any law or regulation.
(b) Our Right to Use Your Content
You hereby irrevocably grant us world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, assignable, sub-licensable, transferable rights to use your content for any
purpose as delineated in these Terms and Conditions, including, without limitation, for (i) public display, (ii) reformatting, (iii) incorporation into advertisements and other works, (iv) the creation of derivative works, such as, for example, in LOCALBUDDY videos on YouTube LOCALBUDDY Channel, (v) promotion, (vi) multi-platform distribution (e.g., via LOCALBUDDY feeds), and (vii) allowing third parties to have the same rights in connection with their own websites and media platforms ("Other Media"). In addition, you also irrevocably grant the users of the Site and any Other Media the right to access your content in connection with their use of the Site and any Other Media.
Finally, you irrevocably waive, and/or cause third parties to waive, against LOCALBUDDY and its users, any claims and/or assertions of moral rights, and/or any attribution, with respect to your content.
For purposes of these Terms, "use" mean use, copy, publicly perform and display, reproduce, distribute, modify, translate, remove, analyze, commercialize, and create derivative works of your content.
We solely own the LOCALBUDDY Content, including, but not limited to, visual interfaces, interactive features (e.g., LOCALBUDDY widgets), graphics, design, compilation, including, but not limited to, our compilation of User Content, User Rankings, and other Site Content, computer code, products, software, aggregate user review ratings, and all other elements and components of the Site created for the Site and/or for third party use on other websites, mobile devices, and/or on any and all known or hereafter created communication devises of any kind or nature.
We also own the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and other
intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world associated with the LOCALBUDDY Content and the Site ("IP Rights"). These IP Rights are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, trademark laws and all other applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. You may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the LOCALBUDDY Content in whole or in part, including, without limitation, the IP Rights, except as expressly authorized by us in writing. Furthermore, except as expressly provided herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights whatsoever in or to the LOCALBUDDY Content and/or the IP Rights, and all such rights are retained by us in their entirety.
We have the right to make Site Content (referred to for this provision as "Widget Feed Content") available via LOCALBUDDY Widget You may access and use the Widget Feed Content in order to access the Site on your personal computer, website, or blog ("Your Site"), provided that (i) your use of the Widget Feed Content is for personal, non-commercial purposes only, (ii) you attribute LOCALBUDDY as the source of the Widget Feed Content by display of the LOCALBUDDY Widget link to the LOCALBUDDY website, and (iii) you do not use or display the Widget Feed Content in any way that explicitly or implicitly suggests that LOCALBUDDY promotes or endorses any third party causes, ideas, websites, products or services, including, without limitation, Your Site.
- Other Procedures/Confidentiality/User Content and Your Content
User Content (including User Content created by users who may be hired by LOCALBUDDY ) does not reflect the LOCALBUDDY 's opinion, nor may it be used for endorsement of any third party opinions, causes, ideas, websites, products or services. We reserve the right to screen, edit, remove, or reinstate User Content from time to time in our sole discretion for any reason, or no reason, and without notice to you. We have the right to, and shall, remove a review if we decide, in our sole discretion, that particular User Content violates these Content Guidelines. We do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Content.
We shall enforce these Terms in our sole discretion, as no inaction on any breach, or alleged breach, of any Term hereunder shall be deemed a waiver of any such Term, or of our right to enforce our Terms. You may inform us if you believe another User has violated the Terms; however, we reserve the right to take any action in our sole discretion. The following restrictions apply to use of the Site:
(a) You agree not to do, nor will you assist, encourage, or enable others to use the Site to do, the following:
- Violate the Content Guidelines delineated in Section 5 above. for example, by writing a fake or defamatory review, trading reviews with other businesses, or compensating someone or being compensated to write or remove a review;
- Violate any third party's rights, including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- Threaten, stalk, harm, or harass others, or promote bigotry or discrimination;
- Promote a business or other commercial venture or event, or otherwise use the Site for commercial purposes, except in connection with a Business Account and as expressly permitted by LOCALBUDDY ;
- Send bulk emails, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not; engage in keyword spamming, or otherwise attempt to manipulate the Site's search results or any third party website;
- Solicit personal information from minors, or submit or transmit pornography; or
- Violate any applicable law.
(b) You also agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to:
- Violate these Terms;
- Modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Site or Site Content except as expressly authorized by LOCALBUDDY ;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index any portion of the Site or any Site Content;
- Reverse engineer any portion of the Site;
- Remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice that appears on any portion of the Site or on any materials printed or copied from the Site;
- Record, process, or mine information about other users;
- Access, retrieve or index any portion of the Site for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of business reviews;
- Reformat or frame any portion of the Site;
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on LOCALBUDDY 's technology infrastructure or otherwise make excessive traffic demands of the Site;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- Use the Site or any Site Content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature (collectively, "Viruses");
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site;
- Use the Site to violate the security of any computer network, decode/decipher passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Site or Site Content; or
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Site, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Site Content or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Site.
The restrictions above only apply to the extent permissible under applicable law. Nevertheless, you agree not to act contrary to these restrictions (even if permissible under applicable law) without providing thirty (30) days' prior written notice to us , together with any information that we may reasonably require to give us an opportunity, in our sole discretion, to provide alternative remedies or otherwise accommodate you.
- Guidelines and Policies
You represent that you have read and understood our Content Guidelines as delineated in Section 5 and 6.
- Copyright And Trademark Disputes
Please see our Infringement Policy as delineated in these Terms for information about copyright and trademark disputes.
- Suggestions and Improvements
By sending us any ideas or suggestions ("Feedback"), you agree that (i) your Feedback does not contain any third party confidential or proprietary information , (ii) we are under no obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Feedback, (iii) we
may have certain Site improvements and/or projects similar to the Feedback already under consideration or in development, and therefore any such similarity is purely coincidental, and (iv) you grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use, modify„ publish, distribute and sublicense the Feedback, and/or any create and so use derivative works derived therefrom, and you irrevocably waive, and
cause to be waived, against LOCALBUDDY and its Users any claims and assertions of any infringement upon, or violation of, any rights of privacy, or of any proprietary or moral, or analogous, rights contained in such Feedback.
- Third Parties
The Site may include links to other websites or applications (each, a "Third Party Site"). We do not control, endorse or support in any way any Third Party Site. You agree that we are not responsible for the availability or contents of such Third Party Sites. Your use of Third Party Sites is in your sole discretion and at your own risk.
Some of the services made available through the Site may be subject to additional third party or open source licensing terms and disclosures.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold LOCALBUDDY , its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates,
any related companies, suppliers, licensors and partners, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them (collectively, the "LOCALBUDDY Entities") harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs
and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys' fees and expenses) incurred by LOCALBUDDY entities arising out of or relating to (i) your access to or use of the Site, (ii) your violation of the Terms, (iii) any products or services purchased or obtained by you in connection with the Site, or (iv) the infringement by you, or any third
party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. LOCALBUDDY reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify LOCALBUDDY and you agree to
cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any such matter without the prior written consent of LOCALBUDDY . LOCALBUDDY will use reasonable efforts to
notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it. In addition, you acknowledge that LOCALBUDDY is neither responsible for, guaranteeing the accuracy of user-generated Content
- Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF THE LOCALBUDDY TO YOU. EACH OF THE SUBSECTIONS BELOW ONLY APPLIES UP TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. NOTHING HEREIN IS INTENDED TO LIMIT ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY LIMITED. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT THIS OR ANY OTHER SECTION OF THESE TERMS, PLEASE CONSULT WITH A LEGAL PROFESSIONAL PRIOR TO ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS, INCLUDING THIS SECTION. YOU ARE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS.
(a) THE SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN "AS IS", "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITH THE EXPRESS UNDERSTANDING THAT LOCALBUDDY.COM MAY NOT MONITOR, CONTROL, OR VET USER CONTENT. AS SUCH, YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN
DISCRETION AND RISK. LOCALBUDDY MAKES NO CLAIMS OR PROMISES ABOUT THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF THE SITE, ITS SAFETY OR SECURITY, OR THE SITE CONTENT. ACCORDINGLY, LOCALBUDDY ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE, FOR EXAMPLE, FROM THE SITE'S INOPERABILITY, UNAVAILABILITY OR SECURITY VULNERABILITIES OR FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF THE BUSINESS LISTINGS, RATINGS, REVIEWS, METRICS OR REVIEW FILTER FOUND ON, USED ON, OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE.
- LOCALBUDDY MAKES NO CLAIMS OR PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD PARTY, SUCH AS THE BUSINESSES OR ADVERTISERS LISTED ON THE SITE OR THE SITE'S ACCORDINGLY,LOCALBUDDY IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE FROM ITSACTIONS OR OMISSIONS, INCLUDING, FOR EXAMPLE, IF ANOTHER USER OR BUSINESS MISUSES YOUR CONTENT, IDENTITY OR PERSONAL INFORMATION, OR IF YOU HAVE A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WITH ONE OF THE BUSINESSES OR ADVERTISERS LISTED OR FEATURED ON THE SITE. YOUR PURCHASE AND USE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
- LOCALBUDDY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES AS TO THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED BY BUSINESSES LISTED ON THE SITE, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE PROVIDED TO YOU BY A REPRESENTATIVE OF ONE OF THE LOCALBUDDY ENTITIES SHALL CREATE A REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY.
- YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RIGHT AND REMEDY IN CASE OF DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, RELATED SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER GRIEVANCE SHALL BE YOUR TERMINATION AND DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, OR USE OF THE SITE.
- LOCALBUDDY 'S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT YOU SUFFER IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR THESE TERMS IS LIMITED TO THE LESSOR OF (i) THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO LOCALBUDDY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO
LIABILITY, OR (ii) $100.
(1) LOCALBUDDY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ANY (i) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, (ii) LOSS OF PROFITS, (iii) BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, (iv) REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR
(v) LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA.
- Choice of Law and Venue
California law will govern these Terms, as well as any claim, cause of action or dispute that might arise between you and LOCALBUDDY (a "Claim"), without regard to conflict of law provisions. FOR ANY CLAIM BROUGHT BY EITHER PARTY, YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT AND CONSENT TO THE PERSONAL AND EXCLUSIVE
JURISDICTION IN, AND THE EXCLUSIVE VENUE OF, THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED WITHIN SANTA BARBARA COUNTY, CALIFORNIA.
- We may close your account, suspend your ability to use certain portions of the Site, and/or ban you altogether from the Site for any or no reason, and without notice or liability of any kind. Any such action could prevent you from accessing your account, the Site, Site Content, or any other related information.
- In the event of any such termination, whether by you or us, Sections 1, 5, 6, 9 --13 will continue in full force and effect, including our right to use our content as detailed in Section 5.
- General Terms
- We reserve the right to modify, update, or discontinue the Site at our sole discretion, at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice or liability.
- We may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms by email, regular mail or communications through the Site.
- Except as otherwise stated in Section 10 above, nothing herein is intended, nor will be deemed, to confer rights or remedies upon any third party.
- The Terms contain the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site, and supersede any prior oral or written agreement between you and us on such subject matter. The parties acknowledge that no reliance is placed on any representation made but not expressly contained in these Terms.
- Any failure on LOCALBUDDY 's part to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any other rights hereunder.
- If any provision of the Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, then only that provision shall be modified to reflect the parties' intention or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- The Terms, and any rights or obligations hereunder, are not assignable, transferable or sub-licensable by you except with LOCALBUDDY 's prior written consent, but may be assigned or transferred by us without restriction. Any attempted assignment by you shall violate these Terms and be void ab initio.
- The section titles in the Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- PRIVACY - SEE ADDENDUM ATTACHED.
THE LOCALBUDDY TM
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Privacy terms and conditions (collectively the "Terms") govern your access to and use of LOCALBUDDY .co's website, and, mobile applications (including, without limitation, the LOCALBUDDY SpA apps), and any website or communication device that link references or contains localbuddy.co content and/or links, or references to, these Terms ("Site").
- Information You Submit
We may store the information you submit to or through the Site. We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide Site functionality, improve Site quality, personalize the user experience, display relevant advertising, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, and comply with legal obligations. Among the information you submit to or through the Site, please note:
(a) Account Registration: You must provide your name, your email account, your home city, and, your Facebook address, if any, in order to sign up for an Account on the Site. In addition, you may provide us with your full name, gender, and birth date. When you sign up for any LOCALBUDDY account, we opt you in to receive emails from other LOCALBUDDY users, business owners and LOCALBUDDY by default. You can manage your email preferences and modify some of the information associated with your account. Note that you cannot opt out of receiving required administrative or legal notices. If you feel that
an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal.
- Public Content: All Site Content, including the following, without limitation, User Content, and all LOCALBUDDY content [i.e., rankings, reviews, tips, photos, likes, friends, lists, compliments, account profile (including your gender, first name and last initial, but excluding your other account registration information), and other content you post to the Site] is meant for public consumption, including, without limitation, the names and profiles of celebrities, restaurants and chefs. We may display this content on the Site, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
- Contacts: You can invite your friends and followers (e.g., from social media sites like Twitter and Facebook) to join the Site (i) by using LOCALBUDDY information so that they can join directly, or (ii) by providing LOCALBUDDY with your address book contact information from your computer, mobile device, or from any other third party sites like Facebook, so that LOCALBUDDY can then invite any such friends and followers. If you invite a friend to join and connect with you on the Site, we may use and store your friends' contact information long enough to process your requests.
If you exchange messages with others through the Site, we may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow you to manage them. If you send information from the S Site to your phone via SMS text message, we may log your phone number, phone carrier, and the date and time that the message was processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive.For more information on controlling your personal data, please see Sections 4 and 5, below.
- Cookies and Other Information LOCALBUDDY Collects
In addition to the information you submit to or through the Site, we also collect and store information from and about you in the course of your use of the Site. We use this information to analyze and track user behavior, personalize your experience, associate it with other information about you, provide the functionality and improve the quality of the Site, help comply with legal obligations, and may use it to display relevant advertising. We collect this information in a couple of different ways as follows:
called "flash cookies"), and similar technology in connection with your use of the Site ("Cookies"). Cookies are small data files that may have unique identifiers, and reside, among other places, on your computer or mobile device, in emails we send to you, and on our web pages. Cookies may transmit information about you and your use of the Site, such as your browser type, search preferences, data relating to advertisements that have been displayed to you or that you have clicked on, and the date and time of your use. You can disable some (but not all)